Willow Brook Elementary
11022 Schuetz Road • Creve Coeur, MO 63146
(314) 213-8018 • Attendance: (314) 213-8118
Principal: Dr. Marla Wasserman • PTO President: Rena Simmons
Web: willowbrook.psdr3.org • Hours: 8:50 a.m. to 3:35 p.m.
Willow Brook Stats
2012-2013 enrollment (K-5): 455
Number of staff: 30 certified, 14 support
Ave. years of teaching experience: 12
Staff with advanced degrees: 73%
• In the 2012-2013 we were recognized as a Missouri School of Character.
• In the 2009-2010 school year, Willow Brook celebrated its 50th anniversary of educating students.
• Willow Brook twice earned the bronze level of recognition from the state for its Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) program, which teaches and reinforces participate in a book discussion group positive behaviors.
• Willow Brook enjoys a strong collaboration between the Willow Brook PTO and the classroom teachers. The PTO raised enough funds in 2010-2011 to help meet the enrichment needs of Willow Brook’s teachers and students.
• Willow Brook is participating in the “Reading is Hot” program with the Creve Coeur Fire Department. The school is also developing ways to continue to support all learners through Response to Intervention (RtI). RtI uses data to help teachers make decisions about how to best meet students’ individual learning needs.
• Principal Montize Aaron was selected by the Missouri Association of Elementary School Principals as the Exemplary New Principal for the St. Louis suburban district in 2011.
• 5,509 students enrolled in Grades K-12 in 2011-2012 school year
• 246 students were served by Pattonville’s school-based preschool program and the Pattonville Learning Center preschool (typically developing students and those needing special education services)
• Average elementary class size is 20; class sizes remain at or better than the state’s desirable standards
• 95% average daily attendance
• 8% in Grades K-12 receive gifted education services
• 15.5% receive special education services
• 44% of students qualify for free or reduced lunches
• Our students are a reflection of St. Louis’ global society: 57% white, 31% black, 7% Hispanic, 5% Asian
Click here to download the Pattonville Points of Pride newsletter.
Click here to download the Patonville School District Annual Report.