|Each year, the Pattonville Board of Education establishes priorities to address in the coming school year. The priorities help the district fulfill goals outlined in its Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (strategic plan). The board approved its 2017-2018 Areas of Emphasis during the June 27 board
The Pattonville School District Board of Education is committed to providing exemplary educational opportunities for ALL children. In order to accomplish this goal, partnerships with parents, business leaders and district patrons must continue to be actively developed in order to engage the entire community as the district strives for educational excellence. As such, the board has adopted the following Areas of Emphasis for the 2017-2018 school year:
- The district shall develop a multi-year plan to implement K-12 personalized, competency-based learning environments that provide ongoing feedback to students on their growth toward high school course content readiness and lead to success-ready graduates.
- All students in Grades 6 through 12 have a graduation life-readiness plan which they develop and regularly monitor progress within and between academic levels.
- Career education programs will continue to become a more integral component of the total educational program and will include students participating in extended learning opportunities, emphasizing district partnerships with local businesses when possible.
- The district facilities plan will be updated as appropriate and implemented utilizing bond issue and district operating funds.
The district will continue with the following:
- Proactive strategies will be implemented to promote continued improvement in student responsibility, citizenship and overall character with an emphasis on building relationships and an understanding of socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic differences.
- Safety for students, staff, and community will continue to be evaluated and improved.
- Parents, staff and students will continue to develop, modify and implement school improvement plans based on data and research.
- The district will continue to implement and identify strategies to increase the percentage of students involved in extracurricular programs provided at the elementary and middle school level to support the development of highly competitive programs at the high school.
- The district will continue to use resources efficiently to achieve district goals.
- The district will continue legislative advocacy for public education.
-Adopted June 27, 2017